Thursday 23 May 2013

"We don't belong to anyone except ourselves" - Audrey Hepburn


You may say that you love someone and that they're yours but your wrong. It's true that you love them but they aren't yours. They are for themselves to own. With music, it's different because you can own the music but you can't own the lyrics because they belong to every being that's ever listened to them. 

I adore Audrey Hepburn. She was one hell of a lady! So this post is in her memory. Today I was  on Tumblr as I am every other day; that's if I don't have exams revision to be doing. And I came across the fact that I had seen Audrey's famous picture. This one below several times:



But I never did think about who she was, I knew the face but never remembered the name. So today I witnessed a series of people and watched movies, I saw how people thought they dominated a relationship and would often say 'I own her, him or them!' But no, you bloody don't! 

The whole point of being ourselves is not letting someone else own us enough to control us. That strips us of our true nature! If people read between the lines of music, they'd hear or see the artists telling them to be themselves and no one else. 

Don't degrade yourself. Belonging to someone other than yourself makes you seem weak and sad because you have no power over yourself. So people, GROW A PAIR! 


                                                       Audioslave - Be Yourself

No comments: