Friday 10 May 2013

Music nowadays is soulless



"If music is the food of love, play on." William Shakespeare 

Music freak. I am. But I feel like music isn't music anymore. It's just so crap these days. It has no meanings like the main message is artists advertising sex and other stupid things. I know this because it's so obvious, roughly it takes about 30 seconds to guess the message of the video.

I simply prefer music from the old days. Like Jimi Hendrix, MJ, Bob Marley, The Beatles, Rolling Stones Ella Fitzgerald, Prince, Sam Cooke, Whoopi Goldberg etc. These were and still are some of  the greatest musical influences in the world. Though today's artists, they start with a squeaky clean image which we obvious see through because we know they'll grow up and be terrorized by the media and be judged on everything they do.

Music is has lost its meaning. And this is a disgrace. One of the reasons I adore the musicians of this decade is because they are all different, no one is the same. Their vibes are hot, you can sway to their music any way you want and also gives you something to rock out to during those boring days you stay trapped in a lonely world. 

I'm only asking for one thing, please don't make every song about sex. It's rather pointless and idiotic. From the top of my head, I could name several songs and explain their meanings. You'll probably wonder how I know and I'll say to you "There's no reading between the lines anymore, music is just soulless and lost. Everything is about earning bucks and crap."

Music is the soundtrack to our lives, I don't want that to fade away because we'd be left wondering aimlessness.

"Without music, life would be a mistake." Friedrich Nietzsche

"Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music." Jimi Hendrix 

"Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world." MLK 


"Where words fail, music speaks." Hans Christian Andersen 

"People haven't always been there for me but music always has." Taylor Swift 

"Music was my refuge. I could crawl into space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness." Maya Angelou 

"If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think of music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music." Albert Einstein 





No comments: