Wednesday 29 May 2013

Revolution of Music



"Don't trust people who call themselves musicians or record collectors who say that they don't like Bob Dylan or The Beatles. They do not love music if those words come out of their mouths." Jack White

Of all evolution we've been through, I've got to say that music has been the greatest. With new artists popping up on the charts, we wave "goodbye" to  the old ones. Artist such as Tupac, Biggie, Aaliyah, The Rolling Stones, Ella Fitzgerald, Michael Jackson, Lionel Richie is some of biggest musicians to have ever walked the earth. They were once aspiring kids who dreamt of being in the spotlight and they achieved the dream. Now they continue to inspire the next generations to do the same. Because of idols such as them, the music of this generation has also been able to create its own unique image and produced some wonderful artists.

Music has literally has been a huge part of my life, just like my religion. I've learned so much and as everyone knows learning never ends. There's always something new that you can learn. Deception has punctured my heart more than twice and the pain was unbearable. I was introduced to music and our relationship has just been flourishing ever since. I know that I can never restore all the broken pieces that have been shattered but I can try to amend the despairing relationship while I still have the chance. Hiding behind music doesn't help that much. It helps with forgetting. 

I'm so grateful to God for the gift of music. At this moment, I'm not sure with where I am with my relationship with God but I do know one this that; throughout my happiness and sadness, he's been there 100%. I hope one day I can find my way back. 

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything." Unknown 



No comments: