Friday 17 May 2013

To Dad, with love from Daughter





The bond between a father and daughter is meant to be distinctive  

It's the certain kind of relationship, where fathers and daughters,
Reminisce about what was and what is going to be
Unfortunately, it's not this relationship


The words you throw at me come like bullets shot with detestation

It's not the bitterness I can't deal with but the way you look at me
How can someone you supposedly love?
Tear you down constantly until you're no more


The never-ending war between us has somehow become a lifestyle for us

The next time you speak, be careful not to come too close
How can you love someone so much but feel miserable at the same time?
My heart can't take any more because it resembles clogged arteries


Seizing each other's opportunity, ready to pull the trigger, to end one's life 

The fairy tales you read me became nightmares; it's not exactly a puzzle to figure out
So let's take this to the battlefield, whoever falls first loses
Ding, ding, round one,'s begun


Whatever happened to calm, zealous nights, when we'd look to the sky?

It was only then you'd let me dream and say anything
Nonetheless, see, I've learnt better, never play with an open flame
I choose to suppress my anger and disappointment, I've learnt nothing;
Though somehow I'm still standing and living, without any regrets
This is my letter to the man, who showed me true existing,
Without a mother, a girl is simply no one; but with a father, she reveals her true colours



Written 24 Jan 2013 

No comments: