Sunday 19 May 2013

Tiggs the skateboard and the girl




There's something in the world that makes me wanna pick up a skateboard and ride. I'm definitely sure that it's not England's hormonal weather but maybe it's the summer breeze that swiftly creeps in the middle of April. 

The whole point about skateboarding for me is the fact that from the minute you step onto the board, your in your own world. The whole world suddenly opens up to you and becomes your own personally skate park. Though I think that the sun's got to me, but then again maybe it hasn't. Mellow. Chill. Hype.

I got into skateboarding because of one of my friend, he'd bring a board to church on Sunday and show me a few tricks. So when I started to look for my own board, I had no idea what I was looking for except the fact that it was a deck with four wheels. Great, right? My mum brought me my first skateboard, they were two but somehow I only have one now. She bought this villain like daring board and I loved it. Simply because I had no clue on how to describe it but now I do, it's a DYNO Board.  


I've been lucky enough to practice regularly but with exams and mocks coming up, I've had to be apart from "Tiggs" and focus on school. But during the summer, I'm determined to up my game and become a better skater. So far, I possess no scars nor injuries; which I think is a great start. During the summer, I gonna purchase a new board :)  I was thinking a Penny board or a Comet Ethos skateboard.

My favourite places to skate: my backyard, in the house, on the pavement and church. However, Cali seems like a rad place to skate especially since it's always sunny and the vibe just seems right. Hopefully, I'll skate there someday but for now, I sit on the sideline of the skate parks and sometimes after church and watch my incredible friends skate away like their life depended on it. I know one of my friends has already found his calling in life, he flipping amazing on the board! Rooting for your, AREO ;)

Skateboarding is such a cool sport and the fact we now can prove that it's not only boys that can skate. I challenge you to pick up a board this summer and ride. I guarantee you'll have fun, once you start, you can't stop! 



                                                          Skater Boi - Avril Lavigne 


No comments: