Friday 3 May 2013

No-one's born evil



Anyone read "The Tulip Touch"? It's an extremely gripping, age-turning book! So I'm not entirely sure why this happens, but my greatest moments occur during my saddest times. I found that incredibly creepy! 

When I read The Tulip Touch in year 8 or 9, well...let's just say, that wasn't exactly my happiest term. Though the book was touching yet frightening, this has yet got to be one of my favourite all time Anne Fine books. What I learnt is that: No-one's born evil! 



While some people go through phases that they seem to never be able to break free of, it doesn't mean that it's how they were born. Well, I'm not sure! What I'm trying to say is that "Don't go around judging people". This is my May motto and hopefully, I'll live up to it. I think that people who judge others based on the way they look speak before they actually get to know the people are utter pricks. And I've had a share of them in my life, but I never paid any attention to them because that what they wanted and if I were to give them my time of day; then I'd lose. 

“Yesterday, when we were packing, Julius asked me,
"If you could rub Tulip out of your past life, would you do it?"

And I had to shake my head. I can't regret the times we had together. Sometimes I worry I won't have times like that again, that there will be no lit nights, no incandescent days. But I know it's not true. There can be colour in a million ways. I know I'll find it on my own.”
― Anne FineThe Tulip Touch


The point of today's post? Umm...

No comments: