Monday 27 May 2013

Depression v Me



So lately I've been finding life extremely difficult and I've also been having symptoms of depression. I didn't  like it but it was happening anyway, I lost a lot of friends but I'm ok with that because they revealed their true colours. Whilst the true ones stayed with but I can't be selfish and greedy because I know that there are people out there in the world who have far worse than me. 

I'm slowly recovering with the help of my friends and I've been more open with my feelings though it hasn't been easy. One of my friends told me " it's not a good place and doesn't want me to go down the same path he once went down" he's been very helpful. I've tried to put the causes of my depression behind me and I'm healing. I wish I could be healed right now but that's not how it works. 

It certainly hasn't been a pleasant journey but it's been worth it. I'm so grateful to have been blessed with people like them. I know that I'll be better as time goes on and I have to make sure that I don't go down the same path. The thoughts were truly dreadful and excruciating. What I'm trying to tell you is that don't be ashamed of things like these. You always have people to help you get through them and though it's scary in the beginning; you need to realize that it won't always be as long as you've got great people to support and encourage you every step of the way like I have.  Don't forget that I'm also helping to talk if you want to :)



No comments: