Monday 27 July 2015

When Junkie Met Book & Kitchen



Shall I go on? I think not seeing as the title itself is self-explanatory.

I am a former junkie. (Of course, I still cheat every now and then but I'm as bad as I used to be.) As you can probably pick from the name Book & Kitchen is a bookshop as well as a kitchen that serves exquisite food. It's truly incredible!

How did I crossroads with this immaculate haven, you ask? 

Well, it began with Arrival sending me an email about a film and photography masterclass workshop at a company called Schmick. And as my life kind of centers around my devotion of capturing life; I signed up and went to All Saints Rd on Saturday 11th July. 

We spent the day with five amazing humans, who were known as Christian, Ben, Joel, Lottie and Bona. One of whom had planned the workshop and the other four educated us in their craft. I learned that being a photographer and filmmaker is difficult because you aren't always guaranteed a job and for that matter, you may go days without having one. 

Nevertheless, we were reminded of what the great Confucius once said: "Choose a job that you love and you will never have to work a day in your life."

The outcome of the day was to make a short film whilst the rest captured the shooting of the film in pictures. We took on roles of directors, cameramen, and photographers. Our outcome was reached and we created out short film titled " The Conflict"


TIME FOR LUNCH! Schmick is on this gorgeous street, that's very wholesome in a way. Everyone is just friendly and they all know each other. I also learned that Notting Hill carnival doesn't happen very far from where we were and it passes through actually.

Sorry, I'm rambling. The point was there was no Nando's or McDonalds. We were nowhere near to a high street shop because this is this street's own piece of heaven that couldn't be taken by outsiders. People loved their local healthy shops and we were bound to love them too as Schmick had prepared a healthy lunch for us provided by one of their lovely friends at Book & Kitchen.  

One thing to know about me, I don't eat vegetables. I despise them! Or at least I used to. I sat next to Christian; who's, in fact, the founder of Schmick and he talked me through what was on my plate. It didn't seem too bad. It looked delicious, so I ate not only because I was famished but I wanted to try a new lifestyle...

Therefore if you ever find yourself on All Saints Rd, I urge you to pay a visit Book & Schmick. You won't regret it. I definitely need to go back as it's now one of my favourite places to eat and bookshop. 


My first meal at Book & Kitchen.

Find out more:



No comments: