Monday 9 September 2013

The World And Technology


With the kind of technology we are developing, I fear that it won't be long until we forget what it's like to really interact with our fellow humans. 

Living in the 21st century has its ups and downs, though the main worry to me is the technology. I see this happen all the time. At school. At home. During holidays etc. People have replaced their friends and family with technology. The addiction or obsession we've developed over our phones and advanced technology is causing a serious lack of interaction with one another. 

Although we may not be able to see it now, this is a long term effect that's gradually building. We are going to lose ourselves and give our souls to technology. Offer ourselves to the things that we created. And if we don't stop that now, I'm afraid by the time everyone notices it; it'll be too late. 

With everything, that's being going on lately. I decided to take a little break and randomly roam around YouTube. I went onto one of my favourite YouTubers JacksGap and I saw that they had recently watched this video called I Forgot My Phone. It basically emphasises how much the obsession we have with our phones has grown that we forget the most important things in life. And quite frankly, I don't want us to be that generation that's ruled by its inventions. 





I Forgot My Phone - Charlene deGuzman


“I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.”― Albert Einstein

No comments: