Sunday 31 January 2016

January In Review




We're still too early into 2016 but the world has already shown that it's undeniably wild. A spot that will never change.

In the month of January, we've seen Donald Trump go from strength to strength in his race to the White House. He stated that his voters are so mindless loyal, that he could go out into the public and shoot someone; and still have enough supporters to win the election. Hell, I believe that! I even have an idea of whom he might shoot and he'd be praised for it since it's been his key talking point. He will run the US empire into ruins if he wins the presidency and racial equality in America will definitely remain nothing more than a distant dream.


RTX1GZCO

Kanye West had a twitter war with Wiz Khalifa and brought a kid into it. Kanye, you're so much better than that! I know it. You know it! The whole damn world knows how great and legendary you already are and have already acknowledged that your legacy will be even greater after you gone. Why do you choose to reduce yourself because another artist said something about your album!?! You were clearly in the wrong, the minute you took a dig at Wiz's kid. Get over yourself, Kanye. And do it fast!

Rhianna's album, Anti got leaked a day before it was scheduled to. (Frank Ocean, we are still waiting for yours to drop!) Her first single, Work featuring Drake was incredible! RiRi never ceases to amaze us. Although, I'm sad that I won't be attending her Anti tour, though. I was really looking for to my first RiRi show.



Whereas, when it comes to me, I've watched myself nearly lose my mind several times. I admit that I need help but it's so hard to find it when you have no one to confide in anymore. Maybe, it's the fact that my English coursework is on The Catcher In The Rye and The Bell Jar that has awoken past feelings. Maya Angelou once said, "the real difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself."

I'm not sure about how I think about myself. I find it nearly impossible to connect with others sometimes. Other times, I find myself drifting into the abyss within trying to find a cure for why I'm the way I am. I'm gonna get there because for the first time in my life, I am so happy with the people I've chose to surround myself with. The ones that have faded will always be apart of me and no after what. After all, I do find myself contemplating about what we could be doing right now, had our friendship not been sour.

No comments: