Friday 1 January 2016

Forgive Me For I Have...Enjoyed? Endured?




Where to begin? 

Happy New Year! I guess? It's no doubt that 2015 has definitely had it's highs and lows and I'm certain that whilst so any of us have had pain inflicted upon them; we certainly have learnt from that pain. I guess, in a way that's the whole reason for a new year, right? New year, new beginnings? 

Though from what I have witnessed, I have learnt that you don't necessary have to wait for a new year to have a new beginning. It's kind of why we have 365 day in a year because everyday is a new start. I guess it's why I'm so hesitant about writing this because I'm always making new beginnings in every single day, just so that I can become a better person than a was the day before. 

However, I'm confident that 2016 will be like no another, maybe because the last day of 2015 was exceptional! I spent it with friends. Friends, that for the past months were beginning to seem fictional due to how demanding life had appeared. I mean, I have no doubt that this will change with the first 6 months of 2016 already scheduled to be hectic. I have to believe that the work that will be done in these months will be reflected in the results. 

Anyhow, if I could as so much be allowed to travel back in time, I would like to tell you about the best day of 2015...

On December 31st, 2015, I spent the first part of the day with my friend, Reanar. (She's the picture below)



We spent the day in Brick Lane, just because. We hunted for adventure, art and serenity because they were things that we had been denied since starting our final year in sixth form. We were so charmed with what we saw in Brick Lane, as the street is known for it's leading-edge atmosphere. But then again, I guess a place really does that to you when you haven't been there for some years. 

We experimented with new foods, purchased some vintage pieces (will be up in a post soon) and pondered on school, friends and life in general. It was a magnificent day! I undoubtedly adore days spent like Dec. 31st. There's not a lot that's required from you, apart from being in the moment and enjoying the moment.

Following on from my tranquil day with Reanar, we parted our ways during our journey home and whilst, she managed to find the calm before the storm; I wasn't so lucky. The rain begun whilst I was on the bus and well, I guess it felt like pouring because I found myself cornered at the bus stop waiting for my little brother to bring me a raincoat. New Years' my mum's mum's birthday. I'm still uncertain about how old she is, although I d know that she's in her 60s. She's a 60 something year old woman without grey hair... nice one jajja! 

Of course, you don't except me to end my day there because it was the freaking NEW YEARS! Imagine the amount of booze that had been purchased. Hell, imagine the amount of money McDonalds made after the munchies kicked in on us, poor revellers. 

Unfortunately, I wasn't one of those revellers. I was busy acquiring alcohol for a ridiculous cost. I left 5 bottles untouched. Disappointing! But thankfully, I didn't undergo the rolling hangover but I do feel for everyone that's currently enduring one, right now. At least, you finished the year in style! 

I spent my last day with these lovely peoples - missing from the candid is Abbie and Francesca.




WELCOME TO 2016, WORLD!

No comments: