Wednesday 3 February 2016

London's Better From 12am




It happened a while ago 
When you're on a train ride home, hear the sound of excitement among the young folks 
But the stranger next you has been jaded by life for so many years
A simple conversation makes them smile 
It happened to me once
On my way home back from work, I fell asleep on the train 
Though the stranger next to me woke me up to ask for my stop
As my stop approached, I was woken up by this kind stranger and he struck up a conversation with me 
The couple the sat behind us asked how I fell to sleep whilst eating pizza, I told them - "because I grew tired of it" 


It was that night that I decided - "London was better after 12am" 
No, it's not the city of lights
Nor the city of love
But if you stay out long enough, you'll witness true magic 
Faded are the jaded experiences of negativity
If the night is still young
Pass a glance across the lost souls that sit beside the homeless stranger and share their meal with him
We are not the children of the dark but rather the children of the night 
It's the city of life 
Coming alive at night




No comments: