Tuesday 13 October 2015

The Grandpas, I Never Knew - Scribblings From My 13 Year Old Mind #BHMUKEdition




I thought about you with love
Today and yesterday was nothing new
I still think about you every day
Days, weeks and months

But I thought of you in silence
I speak and say of your name
But all I have are memories of you
Pictures in frames and your special smiles

Love is stronger than anything
Although I can’t stop death from happening
It will go on, but death can’t take away my memories
After all life is stronger than death

It broke my heart to lose you, yet I never knew you
But you never went alone,
Apart of me went with you
It was the day God called you home

I spent most of my years
Crying and moaning for you, because I never knew you
I’d ask my mum and dad” what you when like?”
They’d tell me the same things

You are gone but not forgotten
Although we have separated
Your memories will always live in me
Forever and always in my heart
I miss you gramps (granddads)



Death is the last chapter in time, but the first chapter in eternity. Unknown

No comments: