Sunday 4 October 2015

7 Ways To Be Great






I'm sorry that I've been terrible recently with posting. The school is way much harder than I thought it was going to be but I'm striving for it. I mean I have to. And seeing as this is my last yer of sixth form, I've been bombarded with questions of what I am going to do afterward, and truth is I don't know. 

So I got thinking about what I actually intended to do after school because it's important. I can't be heading into the world blind. It's vital that I at least have some idea forget me through some years. Moreover, Dan asked us about our plans after sixth form and it was sad that I had no clue. I didn't and don't want to disappoint him but all I have now is my writing and photography. I am trying my absolute hardest to figure out what I want to do with my life but I'm just not happy with any of my conclusions.

However, I'm encouraging you guys to go searching for your dreams. To be happy while you're doing it, not because you're doing it for someone else but because you're doing it for yourself. I feel like this has been one of my weakness that I've lived a life of pleasing people rather than myself. Don't do what I've done. It only sets you back and you start to lose apart from yourself.

Be yourself. Be proud of it. Here are a few things that I've been doing that have helped. Dan always reminds us that the reason he chose us to be on Arrival is because he saw something in us. He says that we are destined for greatness and I believe that you all can as well.


  1. Be gentle and kind
  2. Show respect to everyone you meet, no what their status. It doesn't matter whether you think they deserve it or not
  3. Pay attention to the little things
  4. Do everything wholeheartedly, with passion and love
  5. Be adaptable, flexible and open to change
  6. Don't complicate your life with lots of the oughts, musts, and shoulds
  7. Encourage other people to be all they can be.


No comments: