Saturday 17 October 2015

#BlackGirlsMatter #BHMUKEdition




Throughout this devastating journey that has titled "The NEW Civil Rights Movement", I think some of us forgot that it wasn't just our black men being killed. Black women lost their lives too, but it was saddening that it appeared like their lives weren't important enough for them to make thew news and because of this; their deaths were overshadowed by those of our black men.




Now I don't mean to be disrespectful but us, black women have a lot of fights going on every day in our lives. It's bad enough that we are undermined as a sex but we also have the BLACK woman fight that we seem to be fighting by ourselves. It would be truly amazing if our black men showed up for us in our time of need; just like how we drop everything to be there for them. 


This post is dedicated for all the beautiful black women that have lost their lives at the hands of the police. What happened to Sandra Bland could happen to anyone! I refuse to live a life so ignorant that it's normal for me to say "Killing black people is normal." Whilst it is 'normal' due to the routine like killings in America, I refuse to stay silent. 


Crissle West - "if black women dropped out of the black lives matter movement, wouldn't BE no movement. these niggas need us and treat us like trash." 

Moreover, y'all know that it's true. Otherwise, I wouldn't have put it in. Assata Shakur TAUGHT ME TO FIGHT! I will never stop. I'm sick of hearing people say that we have achieved MLK's "dream". 

This was NOT his dream!


 




No comments: