Saturday 21 February 2015

Writers' Respect #BHM




I'm a bookworm. I'm on a journey of self-discovery. I yearn for knowledge. These can be found in books. Maybe not so much self-discovery but the knowledge part is a definite.


I've taken this time to recommend some of my all time favourite books written by black authors.

  1. I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
  2. The Colour Purple by Alice Walker
  3. Waiting to Exhale by Terri McMillian
  4. The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison 
  5. The Rose That Grew From The Concrete by Tupac Shakur
  6. For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When The Rainbow Is Enuf by Ntozake Shange 
  7. Dreams From My Father: A Story Of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama (America's first black president. Won office twice becoming the 44th and 45th President of the United States)
  8. The Autobiography Of Malcolm X by Malcolm X
  9. Roots by Alex Haley
  10. Native Son by Richard Wright
  11. Roll Of Thunder, Hear My Cry by Mildred D. Taylor
  12. Half  of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
  13. Twelve Years a Slave by Solomon Northup
  14. The Autobiography Of Martin Luther King Jr by Martin Luther King Jr

No comments: