Saturday 14 November 2015

Letters To People I Love: Pray For Paris






Dear Paris, 

I write this to you and also to the several other people that will stumble upon this 
If I had a table to stand on and read this to you I would, but I write this from my bed with regards that this tiny spot on the internet with have to suffice 
I'm deeply saddened that I am writing to you in times of distress and sadness 
After all that you have been through this year; after all, you've conquered, only to be faced with another tragic 
I write to you in hopes that the thousands of people that come across this post will be humble enough to take a break from their lives and pray for your resurrection
I never understood what drove people to carry such murderous acts on innocent lives. I still don't. 
And I know that's bullshit but maybe it's a good thing because what is gained from such heinous acts upon humanity?
I will not speak of those that have lost their lives for that is another matter 
But rather, I will speak to those egotist cowards that have shattered a nation
Look deep within you, real deep within and find a soul 
I know of your sad wakes in the morning and that deep inside your mind is nothing but a burdened notion
I used to think that a man could endure everything and hide the anguish within him. I was wrong 
It's a tragedy that rose without warning leaving a vast number of infected minds
Before the world was disfigured. 
Before we were petrified by our neighbours and frightened of ourselves 
We enjoyed each other wearily and we tolerated each other in every way possible 
But yesterday we were burnt out, other people are pursued by evil acts to cause pain
The silence. It was something that happened between us and it was beloved 
Now it is a weapon used against by our enemies to censor our truth
So don't tell me that your actions were in service to something of higher existence
Terrorism has no religion!
Your actions were not just an attack on Paris but an attack on all of the humanity
The events of yesterday were merciless and heart-rending
But we stand behind you awaiting your rebirth to show that you will never give in to extremism
If anyone can overcome this, it's you, Paris 

No comments: