Friday 24 January 2014

River Phoenix

River Jude Phoenix
August 23, 1970 – October 31, 1993

River Phoenix in Stand By Me as Chris Chambers
Gordie:
Do you think I'm weird?
Chris:
Definitely.
Gordie:
No man, seriously. Am I weird?
Chris:
Yeah, but so what? Everybody's weird.

We first locked eyes in Stand By Me and you were simply perfect
You were one in a million. 
I really think that you were flawless because you cared so much about everyone
Your end in Stand By Me was truly heartbreaking as we thought you were still breathing
But our timing was off, we should've watched it soon and looked you up sooner as well
I really wanted to meet you. 
You seemed kindhearted, soft-spoken and intellectual
My class developed an unimaginable crush on you as Chris
The bad boy who cared about his friends and family even though they couldn't see him
Stephen King is distinguished writer, Ben E. King is an icon when his pen touches paper
Rob Reiner creates spins magic behind the cameras
Stand By Me should've gone on forever because there were days when it ran through my head repeated and not once did I not think of you
The laughter, the honesty and the charismatic character that you brought onto screen were hugely relatable
I truly despise it when people like you die
Firstly, your name was immensely legendary!  
The work you did for the world was exceptional and seriously splendid
Though you're gone. You still have several admirers that look up and still honour your name, appreciate your talent
You're finally where no one knows you but still know you

Stand By Me

Chris:
I just wish I could go someplace where nobody knows me.


“When I was eighteen, River Phoenix was far and away my hero. Think of all those early great performances — My Own Private Idaho. Stand by Me. I always wanted to meet him. One night, I was at this Halloween party, and he passed me. He was beyond pale — he looked white. Before I got a chance to say hello, he was gone, driving off to the Viper Room, where he fell over and died. That’s a lesson.“ - Leonardo DiCaprio

No comments: